09 Nov This Past Fall, Cleveland Was the Place to Be for Product Managers
This past September, hundreds of product people from all over the world descended upon Cleveland to connect, collaborate, and take in reflections and inspirations from some of the top product minds today.
Some of the highlights included:
- Seeing badges awaiting from attendees coming from exciting companies like HelloSign, Shopify, OnShift, Roadtrippers — as well as industry mainstays like Oracle, Intuit, and IBM.
- Meeting well-traveled product folks coming in from as far away as China, Norway, and Ireland — and coast (Bay Area) to coast (New York, Boston, and Washington DC) in the United States — to participate as attendees.
- Opening up the entire event with Nir Eyal and his discussion on building habit-forming products.
- Hearing from one of the originators of the “Lean” movement, Trevor Owens, author of Lean Enterprise — as he discussed how larger enterprises can think like a startup.
- Celebrating the first day of learning and inspiration with an energy-packed happy hour party and pub crawl through one of the best brewery neighborhoods in the country.
The event closed on Saturday afternoon, and one thing was evident: we were onto something. There’s been a void of a product event like this one happening in the midwest where product managers, heads of product, and executives of product-driven companies gather to share best practices, learn from the top product minds, and generally be inspired. A place where serious, business-minded product professionals at various stages of the product timeline… from pre-launch (startups) to product-market-fit (venture backed early stage companies)… to scale (larger technology-oriented companies).
If you weren’t able to make Industry 2015, you certainly missed out. But fret not, as we’re already planning Industry 2016. Same month, same place. And it’s sure to be better than ever. Here’s a glimpse of last year to get your mind going…
Questions? Thoughts? Ideas? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly:
Mike Belsito: mike [at] productcollective dot-com
Paul McAvinchey: paul [at] productcollective dot-com